10.16.2007

Hope is not wishful thinking!

We received a second email from our FC this morning regarding China's concurrent adoption policy. Obviously, there has been some conflicting info circulating. AWAA still approves concurrent adoption, but the CCAA appears to be changing their mind.

We're not too alarmed by the news though; over the past several weeks Vince & I both have experienced peace about the wait time. Initially, we began to research our options for pursuing another adoption, but were not convinced that was God's plan for us.

For some unexplainable reason, we're currently at peace with staying the course. We trusted God in the beginning of this process, and He has proven faithful -- we're not about to take matters into our own hands now!
We received a second email from our FC this morning regarding China's concurrent adoption policy. Obviously, there has been some conflicting info circulating. AWAA still approves concurrent adoption, but the CCAA appears to be changing their mind.



We're not too alarmed by the news though; over the past several weeks Vince & I both have experienced peace about the wait time. Initially, we began to research our options for pursuing another adoption, but were not convinced that Was God's plan for us.

10.01.2007

I don't know whether to count down...or up???

Technically, we should be down to 20 months of waiting, but...Vince spoke with our family coordinator last week, and she's losing her optimism. This very well could turn into a three year wait if the CCAA's pace remains static.

On another note, the CCAA has announced they will permit concurrent adoptions. This means we could pursue another adoption while waiting for Mayah. Initially, we were thrilled, but there are several problems. Most agencies and countries will not allow concurrent adoptions, regardless of what China permits. And, there must be at least 12 months between adoptions for families seeking to adopt children concurrently.

Another possibility is to pursue a special needs child from China. Although if we do this, after the SN adoption we'd have to start from scratch to adopt our daughter. We could have a SN boy in probably less than a year.

Who knows?
Please pray with us as we seek God's wisdom to stay the course or pursue another avenue.

An Orphan's Ticket Home

An Orphan's Ticket Home
Click here to Donate Today!!!