6.26.2010

what's news?

China? Notta! Baby Judah is still MIA! Although we still feel certain we will be matched with him soon. As usual, the Lord is teaching me valuable lessons as we continue to wait. This time around, He's been dealing with my eagerness to help Him out. Let me explain. I'm always brain-storming ways to raise money for this adoption...t-shirts...loans...garage sales...craft sales...you name it. Because God needs my help to fund this adoption, right? He helps those who help themselves??? Um, no.

God has been showing me that He doesn't need helpers. He's got things quite under control. Does He allow me to help? YES! But is He dependant upon my help? NOPE!

And He isn't just applying this truth to our adoption! Several months ago I posted about an opportunity to travel to Lond*n with Vince/our church. We quickly came to the conclusion that it was going to be impossible -- with pending adoption expenses we knew it would not be wise to spend money on a trip to London. Closed door.

However. Open window. (I know, so cliche') Anyway, God has made a way for Micah & myself to travel with Vince to London!!! Not only did He accomplish this WITHOUT my help, I don't even know how He did it! But, we are thrilled! There are about 10 adults total on the team, inlcuding some girls from our Singles ministry, and another family with young children. Us, mommies, and kids will get to prayer walk and visit area parks and communnity centers, and connect with nannies and English moms!

See (talking to self)! God's not in Heaven looking for pocket change beneath the couch cushions because He's doesn't know how our adoption is going to pan-out!

His riches are limitless!

And my God will supply every need of yours
according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:19

2 comments:

Alison said...

So well said! And it is so comforting to know that God has everything that we need, and He give it to us at just the right time! I have been struggling not to try to "jump ahead" of God's plan in our adoption process and fundraising...not just trying to wait on His timing!
And so glad that you are getting to go to London!!

DeDeandMatt said...

I echo, Well said! I am so glad that things worked out for you to get to go to London.. Wish I was going because it's really what I love to do!~

An Orphan's Ticket Home

An Orphan's Ticket Home
Click here to Donate Today!!!
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker