7.16.2008

Not much new around here

Lately, I've had a wonderful sense of 'peaceful-anxiety' -- can peace and anxiety even co-exist?? Maybe a better description for my anxiety would be anticipation. Every once in a while I'm able to catch just a glimpse of how deep God is working -- and I don't mean just the typical circumstantial evidence that He's working here-and-there, but the "all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose" glimpse.
For the most part, I don't consider my life as heading in a thousand different directions, but I do feel as if the components of my life that are moving forward are on separate paths...progressing, yet disconnected. But according to God's Word, that's not true...all things are being worked together by God for a common good/goal.
Being a Christ-follower isn't about oppressive rules imposed by an angry god. Following Christ means life can make sense -- it would be impossible for me to understand or see how ALL things are working together for good without knowing & believing God's Word . But God has ALWAYS proved to me that He is faithful to those who love Him -- and He is doing that yet, again.

"And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna...that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD."

2 comments:

kim said...

Alisa

What a great post! It's amazing how we can feel at peace even in a life that is going in many directions. Adoption can really take us in many different ones - I am not sure how those who do not love the Lord make it through this journey.

Kim

Gina said...

I totally agree! I've often wondered how people make it through the many journeys in life without God. It is awe-inspiring when you just sit quietly and reflect at how God works.

An Orphan's Ticket Home

An Orphan's Ticket Home
Click here to Donate Today!!!
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker