10.30.2009

2nd Ethiopia Adoption

We're almost on the paper-chase again!

We've been accepted back into AWAA's Ethiopia program, but we must also be re-approved to adopt concurrently. Translation: we need a letter from our social worker, stating she sees no problem with us pursuing an adoption from Ethiopia while remaining on China's waiting list. We had to provide this recommendation when we started our journey to Micah as well...so no biggie.

We can't submit our dossier to Ethiopia until Micah has been home one year (3.28.10), but that will be here before we know it.

As I am prepping myself for the mental anguish (ha ha) of the paper-chase and wait for our referral, I've been reflecting on some of the difficulties of international adoption...at least, for me. Check back over the next several weeks, and I will share them with you.

2 comments:

Erin McCoy said...

so excited for you guys!

mrs. r said...

Hello!

I am the Community Manager for AdoptionVoices.com--the rapidly growing adoption social network.

I wanted to personally invite you to participate in AdoptionVoices for free by adding a profile for yourself (or your family) and connecting with others who share a similar passion for adoption. You can events, create and host groups, upload success videos, etc. We think you would be a perfect fit!

To join, simply go to www.adoptionvoices.com and click on the "sign up" box in the top right corner.

It only takes about 5 minutes to set up a quick profile.

Please let me know if you have any questions; it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.


See you on AdoptionVoices! ;)

An Orphan's Ticket Home

An Orphan's Ticket Home
Click here to Donate Today!!!