1.30.2009

The REAL test

Vince & I believe it is crucial to have a deep understanding of Christian doctrine...doctrine meaning what we believe about God. Our view of God & our understanding of His character penetrates every crevice of our being. A flawed understanding of God (or even a shallow understanding) leaves us frustrated & discouraged. We have come to appreciate this more than ever through our adoption journey.

God has confronted us with this one thought: believing that 'God can', but not being as confident that 'God will'. Don't misunderstand me, I am in NO WAY suggesting that there is power in positive thinking, but rather strength is found in being anchored by Biblical thinking.

Here's what God's Word has to say about His ability, AND willingness:

...declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’ calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it. “Listen to me, you stubborn of heart..." Ish 46:10-12


...so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. Ish 55:11


The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands. Ps 138:8


Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established. The LORD has made everything for its purpose... Pv 16:3-3

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am praying Alisa!!!

An Orphan's Ticket Home

An Orphan's Ticket Home
Click here to Donate Today!!!
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker