Sorry to report, we still do not have travel dates -- and, we really have no idea what to expect. We had tickets on hold to leave 3/13, but we had to let them go. We didn't feel confident that our paper work would be ready by then -- and, we didn't want to be tied to one airline carrier -- so we forfeited the purchase. Now we have tickets on hold for 3/20...
Our paper work is slowly progressing. I was able to request that our immigration file be transferred from Kansas City to the Atlanta office (the office that services AL)...one obstacle down!! And, I was able to established correspondence regarding our case with an agent in Atlanta...another plus!!
Now we continue to wait for AL-DHR to forward our home study addendum to Atlanta. We also have been in touch with an influential person here in AL who is helping us with AL-DHR. (Actually, this individual and I were seated at the same table last Saturday during a women's prayer brunch at our church -- when she introduced herself I just wept! That was no coincidence...that was God's sovereignty!!!)
I must say, this has been the most difficult part of our journey thus far (if you can believe that)! Now that Micah is legally ours, it is heart-crushing to be delayed to go get him!!
We are so thankful for God's continued faithfulness...even to the very end of this journey!!